Skip to main content

My Notes from LFCC

Sorry I didn't have any time during the con to put anything on here, but I made notes so now I will try and make sense of them lol. I will present my weekend in Diary form.

Thursday 27th July.

I am staying at my sister's for the con, she lives just outside of London so it is a bit of trek. So I got the train to Kensington Olympia, Showmasters are handing out the Diamond Passes from 4-8pm. I got there about 5pm I had to que for about an hour to get my passes. I have passes for Benedict Cumberbatch, Natalie Dormer, Alan Tudyk and Will Wheaton to collect. 








I was a little surprised you just got an envelope with the actual pass in. You still have to collect the prints and other bits and pieces up at the con. I thought it would be good to not have the mug and stuff to carry around the con but Hey-Ho.

After the pick up I looked for the pub we are meeting up from the forum, took me about 10 minutes to find, so I was there a little early, but I didn't realise some were already in the cellar which they had booked. I felt abit awkward at first, but as the night went on I talked to one or two people. I left at about 9pm and got back to my sister's at 10 ish.

Friday 28th July.

I got up about 5:30am. I am going in cosplay as Matt Murdoch from DareDevil. I have a dark grey suit, light blue shirt, navy tie, black shoes, black belt, red glasses and to top it off a red and white blind walking cane.



My train from Bushey station leaves at 6:45am. I had one change at Harrow and Wealdstone. It takes 26 minutes to get to Kensington Olympia were the event is being held. 

I have to find which entrance I need to use, the stewards along the road are very helpful in reassuring me I was going in the right direction. I have a standard entry ticket for the weekend. The Gold pass entrance was right opposite the train station, for standard entry we had to go right around the building.

I got in the que around 7:30am there was already a couple of hundred people in front of me. They started letting people in just before 9am. When they started letting us in I guess there must have been another 500 or so people behind me.

I went straight up the stairs to find the autograph tables, and where everyone I wanted to meet was located the lines were to busy to get any then. So I decided to find out where you need to pick up the rest of the stuff to go with my Diamond Passes. I got them really easily, there was no que :) You got a lanyard to put your passes on which is really good because I was a little worried about losing one of them just having them lose in my bag.

I have my schedule on my ipad, the first photo shoot I have is with Richard Dean Anderson from Stargate SG1. He really liked my costume and seemed really friendly.



The next shoot I had was with Chris Judge also from Stargate SG1. When I got there they started calling another guest out. I had to ask one of the staff if Chris Judge had been moved. But he had cancelled his Friday appearance because he was ill. We were told to get our photo's on Saturday or Sunday.

So next I went back up to the autograph area all my Diamond guests were to busy still. I got Kristian Nairn's autograph - Hodor from Game Of Thrones.



So now it was about Noon, so I found a quiet place along a wall and had my lunch, which I had brought with me. 

My next Photo Op was with Sylvester McCoy and the TARDIS. Now this amazed me and it never happened at any of the other ops I had, but Sylvester came up his line and talked to everyonein in it. They were having trouble with the green screen and Sylvester apologised like it was his fault. What a perfect gentleman I would highly recommend meeting him if you are ever at one of these conventions. Sylvester also really liked my costume, but he didn't know what it was from lol. Sylvester also entertained all the kids in the audience they seemed to love it. When the photo shoot started it was very quick. It ended at about 1:30pm.



I went straight on to my next photo shoot which was with Kristian Nairn he was so friendly he grabbed me in a bear hug for the photo. I think this is my favourite photo from the weekend.



After this at about 2pm I had my next photo shoot with Alan Tudyk, again he was friendly he shook my hand and put his arm around me for the photo.



At 2:20pm I had my next photo shoot with Finn Jones from Marvel's Iron Fist and also Game Of Thrones. He liked my costume.



Straight after I had a Photo Shoot with Jessica Henwick from the same shows as Finn Jones. She was really nice, she had a Iron and she asked if I wanted it in the photo. I was a little confused lol. So I said No Thank You. She seemed really disappointed, but you can't tell in the photo.



Next I had another photo shoot this time with Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Gallactica and Lucifer. She was really pretty.



My last photo shoot was with Emily Kinney from the waliking dead and Flash. She was nice, seemed a little shy. So that ended at about 4:30pm.



I went back up to the autograph area. I got Alan Tudyk's autograph first, he seemed very surprised how much praise I gave him lol. I got him to sign a Star Wars Picture of him standing next to the model of K2-SO which he did the voice of.



Last thing of the day I got two autograph's from Finn Jones. One on an Iron Fist comic and one on a picture they had at the table with the Defenders on it. 



I think it was about 5:30pm when I headed out of the Olympia. I got back to my sister's around 7pm Ish. We had Pizza for Tea. I put all of today's photos on FaceBook. Got a shower and a shave and went to bed at 10pm.

Saturday 29th July.

Got up about 6am today, not doing any cosplay today. Train today is at 7:05am. I got to the que at 8 Ish was a lot more people in the que today.

My first thing today is a Talk on Alien with Tom Skerrit, Veronica Cartwright and Roy Schmel (Probably spelt his name wrong, Sorry). It was lucky the Talk didn't start till 10:05 am because it took me quite a while to find the Second Stage lol. 

Next I had a Talk with Alan Tudyk, this was on the Main Stage, which was so much easier to find. Wow this man is amazing, so funny. He gave a gift to everyone who asked him a question. One person he gave a toothpick which he swore had Benedict Cumberbatch's DNA on it lol. Another person he gave the complete series of Buffy which he signed even though he isn't in it, said it made it even rarer lol. Someone else he gave the best gift they got his official schedule from San Diego Comic Con.

After this I had a group photo with the original cast from Alien. That ended at about 1pm.



I went up to the Autograph area next I got Will Wheaton to sign my Star Trek: The Next Generation Box Set. He seems nice a little quiet.



Next I got Natalie Dormer's Autograph on a picture at her table. She was lovely and even though her sign said no personalisations, she asked if I wanted it to anyone, which the crew member didn't seem happy with her lol.



I grabbed my lunch again in a quiet corner, which was a lot harder than yesterday as today is so much busier.

My next thing was at 2:05pm a Talk on Back To The Future with Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson. Tom entertained the crowd with one of his song, while playing his Ukulele. Chris said when he finished is that it I came to see your concert lol. 

The crowds are absolutely mental so hard to get anywhere, I'm so glad I don't have as many photo shoots to get to today. Next at 3:05 I have a Talk with the cast of Iron Fist which is AWESOME! I don't understand why people don't like this series as much lol. 

Next at 4:30 I have a photo shoot with Natalie Dormer, so glad I got a Diamond pass, God knows how long it would have took to get threw her line otherwise, although I suppose you wouldn't need to be there as soon. But getting threw the crowds would have been a knightmare! Natalie is absolutely stunning, it also is one of my best pictures.



I went around the stalls for a little bit now, then found a quiet corner which was a challenge and had some food and water. The John Cleese Photo Shoots were massively over running, I don't know what time he stayed till, but they said he would get threw all his photo's that day, as he was only there one day. I am glad I am not seeing him, I knew he was going to be busy.

I picked up a cuddly toy Alpaca from one of the stalls for my Niece she loves it and it has been named Alice ;) 



So my last thing of the day at 6-7pm was An Evening With Game Of Thrones. The Talk included Natalie Dormer, Conleth Hill, Pilou Asbaek, Gemma Whelan and Daniel Portman. Conleth Hill is so funny and quick, you can tell he started off doing stand up comedy. Also I was taken aback by how handsome Pilou was, I mean movie star - Johnny Depp good looking. He also has a wicked sense of humour. His first line was I rape children (said in character as Euron) Then he said it's OK I can say that because I am Catholic lol. Also I would like to add that I thought Daniel Portman was a DICK! and full of himself. I definitely decided then I would not be going to see him at his table.

I decided to go to Euston to get my tea at Ed's Dinner. Their milkshake is AmazeBalls Butterscotch for me, but they have other's :) I got back at my sister's at about 10pm, feeling absolutely exhausted my feet were burning lol. I went straight to bed.

Sunday 30th July.

I got up at 6:30am, I looked what time my train was. But OUCH! on Sundays they don't run as many and especially that time of morning. I ended up having to get 4 trains via Paddington and South Kensington. It took nearly and Hour and a half to get their. On Friday it took 26 minutes lol. When I got there I noticed for the first time that there is a TESCO opposite the entrance I use. So I grabbed a few things before I went in. I got in the que about 8:30am and it seemed to be about the same number of people as on the Friday.

First thing this morning is my photo shoot with Will Wheaton which with my Diamond Pass I was like 12th in line :)  so I was out of that around 9:30am.



Next I have the Marvel Universe Talk at 10am which was good, but it did repeat some of the Iron Fist Talk.

Next I had my Photo Shoot with Benedict Cumberbatch which was great he was really friendly and seemed to have more time for people than I'm sorry lessor guest's.



Next I had to race across the building to get to my next photo shoot which was with David Bradley and the TARDIS which you could tell I had rushed to lol. I think it is my least favourite photo from the con. This had nothing to do with the guest David Bradley was nice enough I just which I hadn't had to rush as much to get to it. After me some more turned up so I didn't need to have rushed so much.



Next I got my dinner and waited by Benedict Cumberbatch's signing table for him to come back from his lunch, the sign said back at 1pm. So I was about 20th in line when he came back. In front of me two people had about 50 comics each for him to sign. When I got my turn I got him to sign my Doctor Strange Disney Big Sleeve. Which he liked and he asked me what colour I wanted it signed in, I asked for Gold. Again Benedict was really nice he asked how my weekend had been, and also where I was from, I think because he didn't recognise my accent.



So next at 2pm I had a Talk with Kevin Smith, doing his Fat Man On Batman Podcast which was a strange experience because I am used to listening to them on my ipad.

Next at 3pm I had the Natalie Dormer Talk which with my Diamond Pass I got a front row seat :)  she is more beautiful in person, believe me wowzer! I don't really know what she talked about lol. Something about Game Of Thrones and Hunger Games.

After this Talk I went and got my Photo Shoot with Christopher Lloyd and the DeLorean from Back To The Future. Chris was great he sat in the car and I knelled down and shook his hand.



Next I had my last Talk to get to with David Bradley and Sylvester McCoy called the Doctor's. It was really good Sylvester really knows how to entertain a room. David was happy to let Sylvester take the lead, though I'm not sure he had much choice lol. At the end they both read a scene from classic Doctor Who which was amazing.

Next at 5:10 I had my Photo Shoot with Chris Judge, the one that was cancelled on Friday. He was really friendly, I asked if he was feeling better and he shook my hand and said much and thanked me for asking.



So LAST! I had a Photo Shoot with Matt Lucas from little Britain, Shooting Stars and Doctor Who. Again he was really friendly. 

  

So to sum up all the guests were amazing and friendly on the whole. Probably the 3 I was most disappointed with was my Photo with David Bradley and the TARDIS. The group photo with the Alien cast. And in the Game Of Thrones Talk Daniel Portman. My highlights were Benedict Cumberbatch, Natalie Dormer, Alan Tudyk, Kristian Nairn, Finn Jones, Kevin Smith Talk Fat Man On Batman, An Evening with Game Of Thrones. I got back to my sister's at about 7pm weekend done!         

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Update

After the sad passing of Adam West I will not be altering any of my previous posts out of respect RIP Adam West. Guests Added after my last post. (That interest me) Julian Glover Appearing Saturday Only Autograph: £20 Photo Shoot: £20 Known for Game Of Thrones, Star Wars, Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade, Doctor Who, James Bond. He is on the maybe list for me, Don't think I am going to pre-book anything. Julian Glover is amazing in Game Of Thrones as Grand Maester  Pycelle so will try and get his autograph. My Interest Rating: 7/10 Peter Mayhew Appearing Fri/Sat/Sun Autograph: £40 Photo Shoot: £40 Chewbacca from the Star Wars Films I think he is a little over priced at £40 for a Photo or an Auto. I probably won't be doing either for this reason. My Interest Rating: 5/10 Sir Derek Jacobi Appearing Saturday Only Autograph: £20 Photo Shoot: £20 Known for Doctor Who, Gladiator, Done a lot of theatre work. Loved him as the Master in Do

Guests at London Film And Comic Con 2017

ADAM WEST BATMAN! Last ever UK event appearance! Attending: Fri/Sat/Sun Autograph: £85 Photo Shoot: £75/£95 with the Batmobile Talk (On Sunday) £25 Diamond Pass: £295 The Diamond Pass Includes: 1x Exclusive Adam West dog tag,    1x Standard photo Opportunity, 1x photo opportunity with classic Batmobile (This will be on the same day you choose for your standard photo op) , 1x guaranteed in person autograph on either your own personal item or a 10x8 photo supplied by Showmasters, 1x Priority seat to the Adam West Talk on Sunday, Limited Adam West print.  Adam West starred in Batman (TV series) from 1966-68 and more recently Family Guy which I don't watch. So cool to have Batman at the con, I haven't decided yet which ticket to go for so tempted with the diamond pass, but it is a lot of money. My Interest rating: 10/10 CHRISTOPHER LLOYD Back to the future Trilogy, Who framed Roger Rabbit, Star Trek 3. Attending: Fri/Sat/Sun Au